Friday, August 24, 2012

Orientation

UT Austin School of Social Work

With about 120 other future peers, I recently attended the UT Austin School of Social Work's fall 2012 MSSW orientation. 

Honestly, for one of the first times in my life, I felt like I made the right decision about my career path. (This thought may shift as the work load takes hold of every ounce of free time I've ever taken for granted). The faculty and students are some of the most nurturing, communicative, and engaging individuals I've ever met in my life. 

I'm registered for five classes, which include:

Foundations of Social Justice
Human Behavior and the Social Environment
Social Work Practice
Field Practice
Dynamics of Organizations and Communities

In addition, I will be working 16-20 hours in the field, most likely two full days a week doing direct practice...but I won't find out where until Tuesday. I'm slightly nervous. Mostly, I hope it's nearby and that I have a good supervisor because I will be placed there for the duration of the school year.

Exciting things. Life changes. Potential destruction of my social life?

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment